Thursday, January 14, 2010

This is for you Dad!

Selfless adj. Having, exhibiting, or motivated by no concern for oneself, unselfish

Selflessness, the act of sacrificing ones own interest for the greater good.



This describes the way my father lives his life. He is the definition of selfless. He has spent his entire life giving to others regardless of how it will effect his own.



So, to bring it back to my current situation, who else would I have called to bail me out of jail? My struggle came in knowing that the ride home would not be pleasant. My father is selfless, but he is not always Mr. Niceguy. I knew a lecture would follow. His eye would twitch. This trait was identified early on in my childhood and was always a sure sign I was is trouble. But in the end, I knew he would love and support me through anything. Now, my phone rings everyday with him on the other line checking in to make sure I got to work safely. Finding out when I have a day off so we can run errands together. Whether it be to the grocery store of course, I get his imput on what I should and should not be eating for dinner or to start my car, filled it up with gas, wash it and drive it around for a while to make sure it was alright. I can't thank him enough for all that he has done for me in my life (as if bailing me out of jail wasn't enough). What an amazing example to have. Now I am looking for a partner in my own life...Who will ever measure up?



I love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment