Friday, January 1, 2010

How am I going to get to work today? A question that, I don't believe, I have ever asked myself. I just climb into my car filled with gas and make the short 2.7 mile drive to work, right? That is, of course, until I received the letter in the mail stating: your driving privilege is suspended effective 26 Dec 2009 for a period of 120 days or until you reach the age of 21, whichever is longer. Well, I am almost 37 years old so that means 120 days or 4 months or April 26, 2010. So now I ask the question, How am I going to get to work today?

The negatives: Right now there are still so many negatives in my mind that I think I will just focus on the positives...OK

The positives: I have been looking for a way to shed a few of those extra pounds so, I will walk to work. I would like to do my part, you know live greener, so I will use public transportation.
It would be nice to save some money on gas. Let's see $100 a month for 4 months, an extra $400 would be great. I could use the money on some new clothes after I loose all of the weight.

The first day I have to go back to work after the holidays is a Sunday. Buses don't run on Sunday so I will walk. 2.7 miles isn't that far. Forecast for January 3 in Salt Lake: high of 31 low of 17. Not so bad. At least I don't live in Minneapolis!

Ok one day down 119 to go. How am I going to get to work tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment