Sunday, January 3, 2010

I-Pod, check. Boots, check. Wallet, check. Shoes for work, check. Pepper spray, check. Hat and gloves, check. My God, it sounds like I am getting ready to climb Mt. Everest, but I am just walking to work. It is not that big of a deal. The weather is beautiful. It is even sunny outside. I guess someone is looking out for me today.


Of course, the thought did cross my mind, I could just climb into my car and make the quick drive to work. I mean, what is the worst that could happen? Get arrested for driving on a suspended license? It might be kind-of cool to end up with the likes of Coolio and Paris Hilton. Well, maybe not. Surely, I wouldn't be as dumb as Paris Hilton and forget to turn on my headlights, right? Best not to leave it to chance. With my luck Grandma next door would rear-end me, and then I'd be facing not only 120 days but also an additional 12 months without my lisence. So...


Here I go, walking that is, not driving. I figure it will take about an hour. I have my gear loaded and my boots on. But wait: is that my phone I hear? My phone rang indeed, and another one of my great friends to the rescue. She just happened to be in the area and would be happy to take me to work. We even had time to stop for a cup of coffee on the way. Bonus.


Like I said, someone was looking out for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment